'Serene Cuisine' Menu 21/4/16

***Please note that if you are placing your order on your mobile device, scroll all the way to the bottom of the blog page, click on 'View Web Version' and wait for the new page to load before ordering.***


Hello From The Kitchen


I always feel like a broken record as I start every Monday blog post in the same fashion as I marvel yet again at how quickly the weeks go by, but it's true.
I know my audience is a cross section of the community and of varying ages, but as I/we get older, it's a fact that time seems to pass more quickly than it used to.

I've been analysing this and I've come to the conclusion that it's not necessarily passing more quickly, how can it, but it's that we value it more as we begin to come face to face with our own mortality and we start to feel an urgency about fitting in all the things that we have on our 'bucket lists,' or that we have simply left till the last minute in the hope of buying ourselves more time to fit them in.

I've certainly been feeling the urgency, albeit in a gentle way, as I watch my ageing parents 'age,' my 3 beautiful daughters blossom as thriving adults and I see so very clearly that time stands still for none of us. It's a sobering realisation and one that I have been taking action on over the last few weeks in a big way.

Changes have been made and there are more afoot.....

On The Menu This Week


**Please note that due to my attendance at this Saturday's Mount Gambier Farmers Market, meal deliveries will take place on Thursday this week instead of Friday**

With the tomato season all but finished, I still have quite a few rich red, organically grown tomatoes on my vines, and will be making use of them on this week's menu as I re-create for you one of my favourite Mediterranean dishes, Ratatouille. 


A delicious combination of tomato, onion, zucchini and eggplant, cooked in a rich tomato and herb sauce, this dish is perfect with a thick chunk of garlic bread to soak up the last of what's left in the bowl. 
(I'm making my own mouth water!!)

I also have a thick and creamy Sweet Potato Soup topped with crunchy croutons on the menu. Soup is always popular, all year round. 

 Dessert this week will be a choice of either a serving of moist and decadent Chocolate Cake with Chocolate and Walnut Frosting, or something new that I will be introducing to the menu, Salted Caramel Bliss Balls in a pack of 3.
Nut and dried fruit based, this new addition to 'Frank's Bliss Ball Bar' will most definitely be a winner for the healthy, decadent snack lovers among you.

She's Apples


The shelves are stocked up again at She's Apples for my local 'just frank' customers looking for a ready made meal, dessert or any of my granolas or bliss balls.

Thank you all for your ongoing support and feedback as the word spreads and stocks continue to walk out the door. 
I am looking forward to introducing new menu items to the She's Apples fridges as more space becomes available through their renovation process.

How To Order


To order your Friday Meal, please fill in the order form on the right-hand side of this blog page, selecting whatever takes your fancy, as well as delivery and payment preferences and any special instructions, and then click submit.


***Please note that if you are placing your order on your mobile device, scroll all the way to the bottom of the blog page, click on 'View Web Version' and wait for the new page to load before ordering.***

Please contact me if you have any special requests re: items that perhaps aren't currently on the menu or menu items in larger quantities.

I welcome any suggestions, comments or feedback, any of which may be submitted via email @ serenityleah13@gmail.com.



Subscribe


If you wish to receive notification of any new blog entries, including new menus or news from the 'serene cuisine' kitchen, enter your email address in the 'Follow By Email' box on the right-hand side of this page below the order form, and click submit.


You will receive an email asking you to confirm your subscription, and once confirmed, you will receive notification emails of any new blog posts.

Your email address will not be shared and will only be used for the express purpose of sharing news from 'just frank.'

Well, that's all from me for now.

I look forward to hearing from you and to seeing those of you who will be on my delivery list this week.


Love and light,


Leah <3
 
 

Comments