'Serene Cuisine' Menu 12/2/16

***Please note that if you are placing your order on your mobile device, scroll all the way to the bottom of the blog page, click on 'View Web Version' and wait for the new page to load before ordering.***

What a week it's been for me not only here in the kitchen, but with just about every other aspect of my life as well.

Do you ever feel like your chasing your tail, like you're never going to get through the endless 'to-do' lists that you keep tacking things on the end of? 

Unlike the many other times that I have felt totally snowed under, most of the things on my list this week excite me as they all form part of a bigger plan that is being mastered in incremental stages.

I often write about 'busyness,' and more often than not, I write about it in a negative way when I am speaking of how as a society these days, we tend to glorify it and wear it as a badge of honour. I have a particularly negative view of busyness if it takes us away from, or at the very least, distracts us from things that ignite the fire in our souls. 


As women, a lot of us have 'busy' personalities and it's literally all we know as we tend to the needs of those around us, often leaving our own needs until last.

I know I have many readers who are my age, and with 'empty nesting' becoming a reality for us all, you'd think we would have all this spare time on our hands to do with what we please, but we always seem to fill it up don't we? 

More on this in a future post but in the meantime, give some thought to what you are filling your time up with.....I hope for your sake and for the sake of those around you that it's soul igniting stuff. 

Welcome Back To The Kitchen



It's market week again with the Library Market gearing up for a huge turn out with its February edition falling on Valentine's Day this year. 

Sunday looks like being a great day to head on down to the Cave Gardens and check out the stalls and perhaps pick up a unique and love filled gift for your beloved.

I will have a selection of my Serene Cuisine goodies there including some hand made chocolates and other suitably crafted deliciousness for this annual day of love as well as my usual fare.

I will be popping up the regular pre-market order form in the next few days so please make sure you get your orders in to avoid disappointment on the day.

On The Menu This Week


This week sees the return of the most popular lunch item that has ever appeared on the 'just frank' menu...Frank's Buddha Bowl.

This delicious and nutritious salad bowl consists of roasted sweet potato and Moroccan spiced chick peas, along with a host of other veggies, most of which will be picked fresh from my garden.
Topped with a selection of fresh bean sprouts and an Avocado and Lemon Tahini Dressing, this 'clean,' raw and amazingly nutritious power bowl will energise you for the whole day.

Creamy Zucchini Soup (dairy and gluten free) is on the menu as well for those of you who prefer something warm. With the weather chopping and changing every day, I have catered for all four seasons in advance.

A wholemeal flatbread or wholegrain garlic roll is available as a side order.

I have spent some time in the test kitchen over the weekend putting the finishing touches on a recipe for some scrumptious Peach Crumble Muffins which make their debut on this weeks menu under the 'Sweet Treat' heading. 

Made with freshly picked, locally grown, organic peaches, these muffins are moist, scattered with chunks of juicy peaches with just a hint of cinnamon. Yummy!


How To Order



To order your Friday Meal, please fill in the order form on the right-hand side of this blog page, selecting whatever takes your fancy, as well as delivery and payment preferences and any special instructions, and then click submit.


***Please note that if you are placing your order on your mobile device, scroll all the way to the bottom of the blog page, click on 'View Web Version' and wait for the new page to load before ordering.***

Please contact me if you have any special requests re: items that perhaps aren't currently on the menu or menu items in larger quantities.

I welcome any suggestions, comments or feedback, any of which may be submitted via email @ serenityleah13@gmail.com.


Subscribe



If you wish to receive notification of any new blog entries, including new menus or news from the 'serene cuisine' kitchen, enter your email address in the 'Follow By Email' box on the right hand side of this page below the order form, and click submit. You will receive an email asking you to confirm your subscription, and once confirmed, you will receive notification emails of any new blog posts.
Your email address will not be shared and will only be used for the express purpose of sharing news from 'just frank.'

Well, that's all from me for now.
I look forward to hearing from you and to seeing those of you who will be on my delivery list this week.


Love and light,

Leah <3

Comments