Xmas Cooking @ Frank's Place #2

Happy Xmas Eve folks!!
Are you as unorganised as me? You do realise that this just makes us all human don't you?

Most of my gifts remain unwrapped as I have immersed myself over the last 24hrs in the cooking of this week's Serene Cuisine menu goodies and spent time preparing my own menu for the big day tomorrow, but for me, one of the joys of Xmas Eve is the last minute wrapping with my favourite Xmas carols playing softly in the background.

These days I can't help feeling a little melancholy as I find myself reminiscing over Xmas's past, when my girls were 'not so grown up' and Santa still slid down our chimney each December 25th to devour his carefully selected cookies and to leave gifts under an over decorated Xmas tree.

I am hosting both breakfast and dinner tomorrow, so I have to be super organised first thing in the morning in preparation for a hearty family breakfast get together.

I thought I would share a delicious festive cookie recipe with you today, which is deliciously high in fibre and perfect for either a Xmas day sweet treat or for guests in the days following Xmas day.
They are so easy to prepare, why not get the kids involved as a Xmas holiday activity!

These cookies store well and will be gone before you know it so I would certainly recommend doubling the quantity.

I hope you enjoy them!



Cherry Chocolate Muesli Cookies



Dry Ingredients

1 cup muesli
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup coconut sugar (I use brown sugar)
1/4 cup glace cherries, chopped
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon carb soda
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/3 cup dairy free mini chocolate chips

Wet Ingredients

1/2 cup raw, unrefined coconut oil (melted)
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with nonstick spray.
Whisk together all dry ingredients (except for the chocolate chips) in a large bowl.
Whisk all wet ingredients in a separate bowl, then fold mixture into dry ingredients until well combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Scoop out a little more than a tablespoon of dough and using your hands, form small cookie discs.
The dough seems like it won't hold together but it will. Work with it (gently) and eventually it will keep together.

Makes 12-14 cookies, depending on the size.

Bake for 10-12 minutes or until sides are slightly golden.

Recipe credit goes to the glowing fridge

Comments