I Love New Beginnings, How About You?

Welcome back to the kitchen, albeit a quiet one, except for the occasional humming of my oven as I cook for the remaining family members that are inhabiting my home.
What a busy year it's been and the last few weeks have been exceptionally so!

The lead up to Xmas is a hectic time for any of us, and this year was doubly so for me with a Serene Cuisine Menu Xmas menu being planned for as well as my own personal menu, but I got through it without any hiccups and here we are on the other side of it all and ready to begin a new year.

I don't know about you, but I love each and every January 1st as I challenge myself to begin new projects, hone new skills and continue along the path of self-improvement and enlightenment, in the hope of creating a better version of myself than I was the previous year.

One of my personal goals for 2016 is to set up a more regular blogging schedule where I will share more of my personal journey, which includes my continued move towards a more self-sufficient lifestyle, and a minimalist approach to just about everything.

For those of you who have been regular followers of mine, you will remember the beginning of this journey at the same time last year, and this year, in 2016, I'm looking at even bigger changes.
I hope you will not only join me, but that you find some inspiration from the snippets of my journey that I will be sharing here and I would welcome any feedback or interaction with you if you so desire.

As you all know, vegan food is my thing, and from the feedback I have so generously received over the last few days, it appears a lot of you are making a move towards a more plant based lifestyle, something which 'warms the cockles of my heart' no end.
There will be a lot more about this to come in future blog posts, but today I wanted to share a delicious Chocolate Smoothie recipe with you to get you started on the road to a better nutritional plan if this is something you crave for the new year.

I will be posting a lot more recipes right here on the blog this year and I aim to help you on your plant based nutritional journey with a 'Meatless Monday' post each week. My aim is to show you the variety of ingredients available that you can use to create nutritious, scrumptious and cruelty free dishes, someting I am super excited about.

To begin with, try this smoothie and feel free to add or subtract ingredients to suit your personal taste.
I hope you enjoy it!



Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie


Easy, 5 ingredient chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie with a thick, creamy texture and tons of chocolate-peanut butter flavor! A perfectly healthy vegan breakfast, snack or dessert.

Ingredients


1 large ripe banana
2 Tbsp natural peanut butter
1-2 dates, pitted (if not sticky and moist, soak in hot water for 10 minutes, then drain)
1 Tbsp cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
1 to 1 1/2 cups Almond Milk Original Unsweetened, preferably organic
Optional: 1/2 cup ice

Add-Ins


1 Tbsp cacao nibs for “chocolate chip” effect (blend in or use as topping)
1 Tbsp flax or hemp seeds for added nutrition

Instructions


Add all ingredients except almond milk to the blender. Add in almond milk 1/2 cup at a time, adding only enough to allow the ingredients to blend together. Add more for a thinner shake and less for a thicker shake.
Taste and adjust flavors, adding more banana or dates for sweetness, cacao for chocolate flavor, and peanut butter for saltiness.
Optional: Add a handful of ice for extra thickness.
Serves 1 generously.

Recipe credit goes to Minimilist Baker

Comments