'Serene Cuisine' Menu 15/4/16

***Please note that if you are placing your order on your mobile device, scroll all the way to the bottom of the blog page, click on 'View Web Version' and wait for the new page to load before ordering.***

Hello From My Heart


Welcome back to another week in the 'just frank' kitchen, although I am going to begin this post by going deep and sharing with you a little bit of what goes on in my heart as I go about the business of cooking and sharing the 'vegan food love' with so many of you.

A little bit of my back story may help.....

In 1987, I met my former husband and together we joined forces and created three beautiful lives in our daughters, now 27, 25 and 20 years of age.
In our 22 years together, I was a full-time wife and mother for 16 of those years, something I revelled in and placed a great deal of importance on. (even if society at large didn't, but that's a whole other blog post!)

Let's be clear here, not every day was sunshine and roses, in fact, there was many a day when I felt as though I was going bat shit crazy, (many of you will understand this, I'm sure!) but the love of my family kept me buoyant.


I had always loved cooking, as I had been witness to my Mum's love for both cooking and gardening at an early age,  and being married to an Italian, and being immersed in the Italian culture fuelled this passion incredibly. I spent many hours a day in my own kitchen, as well as in the kitchen with my mother-in-law, a woman who had a passion for cooking and tending a veggie garden like no one I had ever met before.

She taught me many skills that I still use today, and her strong, traditional roots showed me clearly how we use food as a way to express our love for each other, and as a way to nurture those we care about.

If you think about it, this is so true....

Food is so comforting isn't it, and I know myself, if someone I love is unwell or sad, the first thing I want to do is to cook them something.

Food is also very bonding and unites people either privately around the kitchen table in a family setting, or publicly through the sharing of food at social events and gatherings.  

Whilst raising my family, and caring for my husband, cooking was never a chore for me,  I simply loved it and always cooked more than was ever able to be consumed by those in my household. 

There were always goodies to be given away and the girls friends loved coming to our house to see what had been cooking in the oven while they were at school. The house always smelt liked freshly baked cookies or cake.

As the girls grew up, and with 2 of them now having left the nest, my cooking was in less demand and I missed cooking for a family of 5, to the point where I began cooking for many of my elderly gardening clients who I realise now, became substitutes for my children, a fact that they seemed to relish with great delight.


Fast forward to today, and I now have another family that I am able to provide nourishment for, my 'just frank' family. I derive an incredible amount of joy from providing meals to those who love to eat healthy, home cooked food and I see this clearly as an extension of my need to nurture others, and why I call it 'spreading the vegan food love.'

I feel so incredibly blessed to have this opportunity and have met so many beautiful people in the last 18 months of this journey through either my meal deliveries, via social media or at the recently held library workshop.

Thank you all for being a part of my 'just frank' family.....

On The Menu This Week


In between cooking commitments, I have still managed to find the time to create some new recipes, two of which are on the 'Serene Cuisine' menu this week.

I love brown rice and use it in any recipe that calls for rice, be it white or brown. I have created a delicious Sweet Potato and Asparagus Brown Rice Risotto for you, which has a slightly nutty texture but still retains the creaminess of a regular risotto too.


There is also a delicious Italian Minestrone on the menu for those of you preferring a soup.
Bread options for both meals are on the menu as well.

I have been playing a lot with raw food recipes, and this week I am introducing a Raw Cashew Nut Bar to the sweets menu, which has just enough sweetness from the dried fruit that it contains to satisfy anyone's sweet tooth.

If something a little sweeter is needed, I am sure the Orange and Poppyseed Cake will do the trick.

She's Apples


Stocks are moving quickly through She's Apples as I work closely with the management and staff there to keep stock levels up. 

This will take a little bit of experimenting with as we find just the right balance to ensure there is still stock in the fridges at the end of the week.

I/we thank you for your patience during this introductory period and I welcome any feedback or comments that you may like to offer.

I take this opportunity yet again to thank you for your ongoing support of local small business and I look forward to continuing to serve you.....

 How To Order


To order your Friday Meal, please fill in the order form on the right-hand side of this blog page, selecting whatever takes your fancy, as well as delivery and payment preferences and any special instructions, and then click submit.


***Please note that if you are placing your order on your mobile device, scroll all the way to the bottom of the blog page, click on 'View Web Version' and wait for the new page to load before ordering.***

Please contact me if you have any special requests re: items that perhaps aren't currently on the menu or menu items in larger quantities.

I welcome any suggestions, comments or feedback, any of which may be submitted via email @ serenityleah13@gmail.com.



Subscribe


If you wish to receive notification of any new blog entries, including new menus or news from the 'serene cuisine' kitchen, enter your email address in the 'Follow By Email' box on the right-hand side of this page below the order form, and click submit.


You will receive an email asking you to confirm your subscription, and once confirmed, you will receive notification emails of any new blog posts.

Your email address will not be shared and will only be used for the express purpose of sharing news from 'just frank.'

Well, that's all from me for now.

I look forward to hearing from you and to seeing those of you who will be on my delivery list this week.


Love and light,


Leah <3

Comments