'Serene Cuisine' Menu 18/3/16


***Please note that if you are placing your order on your mobile device, scroll all the way to the bottom of the blog page, click on 'View Web Version' and wait for the new page to load before ordering.***


Hello From The Kitchen....Again


I seriously don't know where the weeks go! A day, a week and before we know it, a lifetime.
Every week I say the same thing about time and how we choose to spend it, with most of us unconsciously floating through our days and weeks as though we have an infinite number of them at our disposal. 

I've shared many a conversation of late with friends and family on this very topic, so I know I'm not alone in my thinking. 

The question is, what are we going to do to change it, if anything? 

I have a feeling that most of us think it's out of our control, that other people, things and events are calling the shots and we are just being sucked along at their mercy. 
That is so far from the truth, but being the creatures of habit that we are, change is such a difficult thing to contemplate, let alone master. 

I'm going to be honest with you, I struggle with change as much as the next person, but one important step that I have recently taken towards implementing change in my life, is the acknowledgement of the fact that I am in control, not someone or something else. 
I have the power to begin the process of changing at any given moment should I choose to do so, I simply have to want to. 
It's so easy to be swept along on a wave of 'busyness' catching glimpses of some of the things that you truly crave at a deeply soulful level as they speed past you travelling in the opposite direction. 

I've never been a strong swimmer, so swimming upstream, metaphorically speaking, is always going to pose some risks and will challenge me to learn new coping skills.

I have some unique and exciting opportunities standing before me right now and the obvious choice (one would think) would be to throw myself into the raging river in the hope that the strong current doesn't drag me under causing me to lose sight of the multitude of other things that fan the flames of my soul. 

I'll let you know how I go, but for now, I'm breathing deeply and am taking the time to dip my toe into the water, I'm taking in the scenery and will make decisions based on what's right for me.

If you've met me in person, you'll see a stark similarity in the way this blog post panned out and how I actually converse in real life. I can go from a 5 word sentence to a 5000 word speech in a very short space of time and I've seen many a pair of eyes glaze over when I get onto a topic that I'm passionate about. 

If this just happened to you, don't feel bad, just scroll past......


On The Menu This Week


On the menu at last week's market, I introduced a Chickpea and Potato Curry that was so popular that I thought I would add it to this week's menu for you. 
Coconut milk based, this curry is mild in heat strength but big on flavour with a combination of delicious Indian spices used to enhance the thick and creamy sauce.

A dear friend of mine ahs some delicious leeks growing in her veggie patch and has offered some to me this week to create one of my favourite soups Potato and Leek. Yum!!

Mini Banana Pancakes are on the menu topped with my homemade Strawberry Syrup as well as a newly created Walnut Muesli Cookie for the sweet lovers among you.


 Frank's Veggie Burgers return to the menu this week also with a gluten free option available.

How To Order


To order your Friday Meal, please fill in the order form on the right-hand side of this blog page, selecting whatever takes your fancy, as well as delivery and payment preferences and any special instructions, and then click submit.


***Please note that if you are placing your order on your mobile device, scroll all the way to the bottom of the blog page, click on 'View Web Version' and wait for the new page to load before ordering.***

Please contact me if you have any special requests re: items that perhaps aren't currently on the menu or menu items in larger quantities.

I welcome any suggestions, comments or feedback, any of which may be submitted via email @ serenityleah13@gmail.com.



Subscribe


If you wish to receive notification of any new blog entries, including new menus or news from the 'serene cuisine' kitchen, enter your email address in the 'Follow By Email' box on the right-hand side of this page below the order form, and click submit.


You will receive an email asking you to confirm your subscription, and once confirmed, you will receive notification emails of any new blog posts.

Your email address will not be shared and will only be used for the express purpose of sharing news from 'just frank.'

Well, that's all from me for now.

I look forward to hearing from you and to seeing those of you who will be on my delivery list this week.


Love and light,

Leah <3

Comments