'Serene Cuisine' Menu 11/3/16

***Please note that if you are placing your order on your mobile device, scroll all the way to the bottom of the blog page, click on 'View Web Version' and wait for the new page to load before ordering.***


Hello From The Kitchen


It's 4am as I write this blog post and just in case you're wondering, no, sleep isn't my friend.
I know I'm not alone either as I have had many a discussion with friends and acquaintances alike on this very topic.
The reasons for disturbed sleeping patterns vary, we're all different, but for me, it's not just the one thing, although it used to be. 
I am fortunate, (or unfortunate if you're a glass-half-empty kind of person) to have been born with a very active mind, and I say fortunate because I have an awful lot of time to let my creative mind wander when my ideas wake me up at 2am, 3am, 4am and again at 5am! 
This has been the case for the majority of my adult life and now as I enter the most liberating years of my life, the awesome 50's, it's 'hello menopause!!!' 


Now, if you have ever seen a grown woman of my age suddenly start shedding her clothes, she's more than likely experiencing 'hot flashes,' a common symptom of menopause where you literally feel as though you are going to spontaneously combust. Reserve your judgement! If you aren't there yet, wait.....

That's all I need to say about that for now and I can see the heads nodding of those who ARE there.

These experiences actually have me really excited about the onset of winter this year as I predict a decline in my home heating costs and the fact that I won't need any new flannelette sheets or pyjamas. There's that glass half full attitude again.

Anyway, I'm here to tell you about food.......arent I?

 

On The Menu This Week


This week's menu will be a condensed version of the regular Friday menu due to the March edition Mount Gambier Library Market taking place this coming Sunday, which will be the final Sunday market for the season.
With the temperature forecast in the mid 30's, another version of my Buddha Bowls are back again this Friday and past interest is anything to go by, I'm in for a busy morning of preparation and deliveries.

As my veggie patch begins to wind up it's Summer harvest, the remaining tomato plants are still yielding well and I picked over 12 kilos of delicious, ripe tomatoes over the weekend, some of which will form part of the rainbow of goodness in the bowls.
I'm sure you'll notice the flavour difference between  commercially grown 'fruit' and organically grown fruit from a home garden. There's really no comparison.

It appears a lot of you also still love to see a soup on the menu, so a deliciously smooth Zucchini and Potato Soup will be on offer with both flatbread and herb and garlic rolls available also.

The just frank dessert menu this week sees the debut of my Apple Strudel Muffins which will include apples that have been organically and locally grown, hand-picked by my Mum. (Thanks Mum! x)
Again, the taste difference of home grown produce is amazing.

Sunday's Pre-Order Menu


Later this week, as usual, I will be putting a pre-order menu up for the March 13th Mount Gambier Library Market to enable you to order any of your favourite just frank goodies in advance. 
This system has proved to be very successful in past months and I urge you to take advantage of it if you are planning on coming along next Sunday. 

The order form will appear on the right hand side of this page late on Wednesday in place of the Friday menu.
I look forward to seeing you at the market which, as I already mentioned, is the final Sunday library market for this season.



How To Order


To order your Friday Meal, please fill in the order form on the right-hand side of this blog page, selecting whatever takes your fancy, as well as delivery and payment preferences and any special instructions, and then click submit.


***Please note that if you are placing your order on your mobile device, scroll all the way to the bottom of the blog page, click on 'View Web Version' and wait for the new page to load before ordering.***

Please contact me if you have any special requests re: items that perhaps aren't currently on the menu or menu items in larger quantities.

I welcome any suggestions, comments or feedback, any of which may be submitted via email @ serenityleah13@gmail.com.


Subscribe


If you wish to receive notification of any new blog entries, including new menus or news from the 'serene cuisine' kitchen, enter your email address in the 'Follow By Email' box on the right-hand side of this page below the order form, and click submit.


You will receive an email asking you to confirm your subscription, and once confirmed, you will receive notification emails of any new blog posts.

Your email address will not be shared and will only be used for the express purpose of sharing news from 'just frank.'

Well, that's all from me for now.

I look forward to hearing from you and to seeing those of you who will be on my delivery list this week.


Love and light,

Leah <3


Comments