'Serene Cuisine' Menu 26/2/16

***Please note that if you are placing your order on your mobile device, scroll all the way to the bottom of the blog page, click on 'View Web Version' and wait for the new page to load before ordering.***


As I begin writing this blog post this morning, it is still dark outside and a few drops of rain have fallen on the roof (perhaps) signalling some much-needed rain is on the way.

If like me, you have a veggie patch or any other garden for that matter, this sound will be music to your ears, but we certainly need more than a few drops.
I will wait....


A Sunday Gathering Of Like-Minded Souls


Yesterday I was in great company as I presented a vegan cooking workshop at the Mount Gambier Library. 55 enthusiastic people attended the council-organised event to hear me share experiences from my 21 year vegan journey and to take part in some delicious food sampling after a vegan cooking demonstration.

Although nervous, (as this was my very first public speaking experience,) my passion for what I was to speak about certainly overrode the fear and with such a captive audience to share with, it seemed effortless.
So many of the attendees were hungry for information and I feel have walked away armed with enough information to initiate some change in their own lives regarding their health and wellbeing. 
This is something that had my heart singing as I packed up after the event and had time to reflect on the feedback I had received.

The event was totally booked out only days after it was announced by the library and there is now a long waiting list of people eager for the next event, which tells me without any doubt whatsoever that there is a definite shift in people's consciousness surrounding how we are living our lives, how we are treating other sentient beings, as well as how we are treating our planet.



If you were one of yesterday's workshop attendees, I thank you for taking the time to come along and I hope you have walked away feeling better equipped to make any of the changes that you desire. 

Please remember that my desire to help you didn't end yesterday when you left the session and that I am always available should you need any help instigating changes or for any advice. 
If you missed the event and are interested in attending the next session, please flick me an email and I will pop you on the waiting list.


This Week On The Menu


This week's feature dish will take on a Moroccan flavour as I present a delicious couscous dish overflowing with veggies, chick peas and a selection of dried fruits and spices. I absolutely love Moroccan flavours, with my favourite element being the addition of dried fruits that give a lot of these North African dishes that tender bite of sweetness among the savoury spiciness. My mouth is watering just writing this description!
As always, I will also feature a soup on the menu with this week's being a Zucchini and Red Bean Soup as the Zucchini's just keep on coming from my extensive veggie patch. 
There are 2 varieties of bread on the menu to accompany each of the main meals if bread is your thing.

I believe in balance so I always endeavour to offer super healthy whole food options, while I don't mind throwing just a hint of decadence in to satisfy the chocolate lovers among you. 
This week on the dessert menu, with an abundance of deliciously juicy fresh pears available, I will be creating a wholesome Apple and Pear Crumble, while on the decadent side, an Oreo topped Chocolate Muffin.
The usual varieties of cookies and bliss balls will feature on the menu as well as my two regular granola varieties.
There's a lot of exciting things coming up here in the 'just frank' kitchen and I am so glad to have you along for the ride.
I look forward to seeing you all on delivery day this week.

How To Order



To order your Friday Meal, please fill in the order form on the right-hand side of this blog page, selecting whatever takes your fancy, as well as delivery and payment preferences and any special instructions, and then click submit.


***Please note that if you are placing your order on your mobile device, scroll all the way to the bottom of the blog page, click on 'View Web Version' and wait for the new page to load before ordering.***

Please contact me if you have any special requests re: items that perhaps aren't currently on the menu or menu items in larger quantities.

I welcome any suggestions, comments or feedback, any of which may be submitted via email @ serenityleah13@gmail.com.





Subscribe



If you wish to receive notification of any new blog entries, including new menus or news from the 'serene cuisine' kitchen, enter your email address in the 'Follow By Email' box on the right-hand side of this page below the order form, and click submit.


You will receive an email asking you to confirm your subscription, and once confirmed, you will receive notification emails of any new blog posts.

Your email address will not be shared and will only be used for the express purpose of sharing news from 'just frank.'

Well, that's all from me for now.

I look forward to hearing from you and to seeing those of you who will be on my delivery list this week.


Love and light,

Leah <3


Comments