What Day Is It?


With Australia Day falling on a Tuesday this year, we had the interesting situation of a public holiday pretty much in the middle of the week which leaves me now not really knowing what day it is!

I noticed that many businesses had closed their doors on Monday to allow for a 4 day weekend which made perfect sense if you were an owner/operator or had minimal staff.

As we all return to work again today, most of us will spend the remainder of the week confused and will be questioning our place in the working week. 

In more ways than one, the weekend can't come around fast enough for me so I can re-set my body calendar, participate in a normal weekend.


**Just a quick reminder that orders from this week's Serene Cuisine menu will close @ 6pm today, Wednesday 27/1/16**

Deliciously, Delicious mangoes


With Mango season nearing its end, this delicious tropical fruit is at its best right now, in my opinion, and as I have been indulging in at least one per day, I would say I'm an expert at being the judge right now.
They are definitely my favourite fruit and with the season being a relatively short one, I certainly make the most of it!

Today I am sharing a refreshing and very simple smoothie recipe for you to try if mangoes are your thing. If you've never actually tried fresh mango, and I really urge you too, this smoothie is the perfect way to enjoy one, but can also be made using frozen mango in the 'off season.'

I hope you enjoy it!

Mango and Peach Smoothie

1 Mango peeled and cubed
1 Peach de-stoned and chopped
1/2 cup Almond Milk or other plant based milk
1/2 cup orange juice

Place all ingredients into blender until smooth.
Serve chilled and enjoy!





***Please note that if you are placing your order on your mobile device, scroll all the way to the bottom of the blog page, click on 'View Web Version' and wait for the new page to load before ordering.***

How To Order

To order your Friday Meal, please fill in the order form on the right-hand side of this blog page, selecting whatever takes your fancy, as well as delivery and payment preferences and any special instructions, and then click submit.


***Please note that if you are placing your order on your mobile device, scroll all the way to the bottom of the blog page, click on 'View Web Version' and wait for the new page to load before ordering.***

Please contact me if you have any special requests re: items that perhaps aren't currently on the menu or menu items in larger quantities.

I welcome any suggestions, comments or feedback, any of which may be submitted via email @ serenityleah13@gmail.com.


Subscribe


If you wish to receive notification of any new blog entries, including new menus or news from the 'serene cuisine' kitchen, enter your email address in the 'Follow By Email' box on the right hand side of this page below the order form, and click submit. You will receive an email asking you to confirm your subscription, and once confirmed, you will receive notification emails of any new blog posts.

Your email address will not be shared and will only be used for the express purpose of sharing news from 'just frank.'

Well, that's all from me for now.
I look forward to hearing from you and to seeing those of you who will be on my delivery list this week.

Love and light,

Leah <3

Comments