'Serene Cuisine' Menu 22/1/16

***Please note that if you are placing your order on your mobile device, scroll all the way to the bottom of the blog page, click on 'View Web Version' and wait for the new page to load before ordering.***


Welcome Back To the Kitchen


Halfway through January, and I cannot remember a start to the year that has been so consistently hot.

I am by nature, a winter person, preferring layers of winter woolies to days upon days of trying to find ways to keep cool, even after shedding as many layers of clothing as is legally allowed in public!
I am also by nature, a lover of winter foods.....deliciously thick veggie soups, casseroles, lentil dahls and anything involving gravy, foods which I often also eat in the summer months.

With no rain on the radar in the foreseeable future, not only am I feeling it, but my treasured veggie patch is suffering from the effects of heat stress.

As the heat wave continues, I have elected to stop watering my lawns and certain parts of my 'non-food producing' garden and am instead using all available rainwater and allocated water supplies to keep my veggie garden in the best condition possible, at least until everything in it has reached maturity.

Praying for rain....


On The Menu This Week


It's going to be another huge week in the 'just frank' kitchen this week with a menu full of assorted vegan goodies to tempt your taste buds. 

This week I will again be sourcing ingredients from 'frank's' veggie patch, which naturally gives the maximum nutritional value to my menu items, and ensures that you are receiving foods that are as fresh as they can possibly be.  

With zucchini still in abundance, I will certainly be using these in both a slice, and a soup, along with my home grown carrots, beans, spinach, broccoli and parsley.

This week's I will feature a deliciously moist Apple Cake with a Walnut and Cinnamon Glaze on the dessert menu, with this menu also seeing the return of Frank's Friday Meal Deals for those of you looking to select a combination of goodies for either lunch or tea.


And Finally.....


Thank you all for checking out the first in my new series of cooking videos and for the wonderful feedback you have provided. 
I certainly found it very encouraging. I appreciate your support and look forward to sharing many more recipes and cooking and gardening tips with you in the near future.

**A huge shout out to my partner and cameraman extraordinaire Rob for his filming prowess and his fantastic editing skills.....There is a blooper reel that will never see the light of day! :)** 



How To Order


To order your Friday Meal, please fill in the order form on the right-hand side of this blog page, selecting whatever takes your fancy, as well as delivery and payment preferences and any special instructions, and then click submit.


***Please note that if you are placing your order on your mobile device, scroll all the way to the bottom of the blog page, click on 'View Web Version' and wait for the new page to load before ordering.***

Please contact me if you have any special requests re: items that perhaps aren't currently on the menu or menu items in larger quantities.

I welcome any suggestions, comments or feedback, any of which may be submitted via email @ serenityleah13@gmail.com.


Subscribe



If you wish to receive notification of any new blog entries, including new menus or news from the 'serene cuisine' kitchen, enter your email address in the 'Follow By Email' box on the right hand side of this page below the order form, and click submit. You will receive an email asking you to confirm your subscription, and once confirmed, you will receive notification emails of any new blog posts.

Your email address will not be shared and will only be used for the express purpose of sharing news from 'just frank.'

Well, that's all from me for now.
I look forward to hearing from you and to seeing those of you who will be on my delivery list this week.

Love and light,

Leah <3

Comments