'Frank'-ly Gardening

My life as 'frank' is as much about gardening as it is about cooking, sometimes moreso.....
I have loved gardening and the great outdoors since my parents, my sister and I made the move from Adelaide to country SA when I was only 7 years young.

Not long after the move, I fell ridiculously in love with nature, and I spent every waking moment either outside with my beloved horse, or immersed in any outdoor activity that was going, including watching my elderly grandfather tend his extensive veggie patch.

Mum and Dad were also avid gardeners, so my love of gardening was a given as I saw them grow, harvest and then cook beautiful fresh produce to provide us with healthy nutritious meals.

I cannot remember a time that I haven't had a backyard veggie patch, and I certainly can't imagine my life in the future without one.

A huge part of the 'just frank' journey and the vegan food that I share with the community, is the sourcing of fresh organic produce, most of which comes from my veggie patch.

I am a great believer in the fact that food is our medicine, and I cannot think of a better way to nourish ourselves than by sourcing produce that we can track the origin of, and certainly by growing it yourself, its freshness is guaranteed.

Through my interactions with folks who are clearly interested in good quality food, I have the opportunity to discuss these very topics, in particular, backyard veggie growing.

One of the most spoken of obstacles to achieving this, is the fact that folks think they need a massive backyard in which to start their 'patch,' which is simply not true with so many backyard gardeners having nothing more to work with than a standard sized suburban backyard.

In an attempt to encourage those of you wanting to establish a veggie patch, I, together with my awesome videographer/editor partner have made a new video clip to help dispel the 'small space' myth.



I hope you enjoy it and I hope it inspires some of you to take the plunge and turn a little piece of your backyard (or frontyard for that matter) into a little slice of organic food producing heaven.

If you have any questions or need any help in the setting up of your 'patch,' please do not hesitate to contact me.

Go green and happy gardening folks!

Love and light,
Leah x


Comments