Breakfast Is Served!

Happy Tuesday folks and as we begin another day, I would love to share another deliciously nutritious smoothie with you which is super easy to prepare and which will sustain you right through until lunch time.

The dates in this smoothie give it a real caramel flavour and as you will see by clicking on the highlighted link, are a powerhouse of nutrients to help kick start your day.

I like to use frozen bananas as they literally whip up like ice cream in the blender, but fresh ones will work as well if you haven't prepared frozen ones ahead of time.

I tend to slice and freeze my bananas in advance and then seal them in portion sized zip lock bags so that I always have them at the ready for my smoothie prep. This saves so much time on days where I'm time poor and am preparing my breakfast as I am running out the door.

I hope you enjoy this easy smoothie recipe as much as I do and that it finds it's way into your regular breakfast repitoire.


Caramel and Banana Oat Smoothie

Ingredients


1 cup of almond milk (or other plant-based milk of your choice)
1 large banana, sliced and frozen
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
A handful of pitted dates

 Method


1. Soak the oats and dates in a bowl with the almond milk at least one hour in advance with the vanilla extract. (I usually soak mine overnight.)

2. In a blender, mix the milk, frozen banana slices, rolled oats and pitted dates for a few minutes. If the smoothie is too thick for your liking, add some extra almond milk or water to thin it down. I personally like mine nice and thick so it sustains me well up until lunchtime.

And there you have it, it's that easy.
Enjoy!

Comments