'Serene Cuisine' Menu 13/11/15

Welcome Back To My Kitchen


Wow!!! What a week it's been, not only here in the 'just frank' kitchen, but in life generally! (and yes, contrary to how it may appear, I do have a life outside of the kitchen!)

As I discussed in a previous post, I have been working on scaling back the time I spend in my gardening business in an effort to spend more time not only in the  kitchen, but in my rather large veggie garden as well, where I grow most of the veggies that go into making up each week's menu.

Long standing routines and habits are hard to re-formulate, and I am finding the process of condensing my gardening client list down to a more manageable level quite a challenge, with my addiction to busyness being the main obstacle, along with the incredible connections I have with my beautiful clients, most of whom are in their 70's and 80's. 

Does the mere mention of being addicted to busyness resonate with you? I think if we are this way inclined, we tend to use our lack of free time almost as a badge of honour as we fill every available moment of our time with some form of activity. 

I've had many a conversation about this in the past few weeks with some pretty burnt out and exhausted individuals, both men and women alike, all of who seem to be bemused at how they got to this point, nor do they have any idea how to 'hop off the merry-go-round,' and it's for this reason that I will be writing more on this topic in the coming weeks.

For those of you who have been following me here for a while, you will remember me sharing my de-cluttering journey late last year, which formed only part of the larger picture of 'paring' down in so many areas of my life.

If simplifying your life on any level is something that appeals to you, I hope some of the topics I will cover in the near future will be of some assistance and that you will quite clearly see that you aren't alone on this crazy journey. 

Let's put the balance and serenity back into our lives....together.........

This Week's Menu



This week I have a delicious and nutrient-dense Burrito Bowl on the menu which will appeal to those of you who enjoyed the Buddha Bowl. 

Bursting with beautiful fresh and colourful ingredients, topped with a delicious tomato salsa and served with a side of crunchy corn chips, my take on this Mexican favourite is sure to hit the spot.

With Broccoli still producing well in my veggie patch, I will be serving a Creamy (creamy in texture only...no dairy) Broccoli Soup which is also gluten free for those of you looking for this option.

This week's sweet treat is the Chocolate and Pecan Caramel Crisp Bar which debuted on the menu a few weeks ago and has been a favourite on the special orders list ever since.

Please check the 'Everyday Menu' below the Friday Menu for granola and hommus varieties that are on offer, as well as a  new gluten free Apricot Bliss Ball.





How To Order



To order your Friday Meal, please fill in the order form on the right-hand side of this blog page, selecting whatever takes your fancy, as well as delivery and payment preferences and any special instructions, and then click submit.


Please contact me if you have any special requests re: items that perhaps aren't currently on the menu or menu items in larger quantities.

I welcome any suggestions, comments or feedback, any of which may be submitted via email @ serenityleah13@gmail.com.


Subscribe



If you wish to receive notification of any new blog entries, including new menus or news from the 'serene cuisine' kitchen, enter your email address in the 'Follow By Email' box on the right hand side of this page below the order form, and click submit. You will receive an email asking you to confirm your subscription, and once confirmed, you will receive notification emails of any new blog posts.

Your email address will not be shared and will only be used for the express purpose of sharing news from 'just frank.'

Well, that's all from me for now.
I look forward to hearing from you and to seeing those of you who will be on my delivery list this week.

Love and light,

Leah <3

Comments