Creamy Spinach Cob Loaf

A few months ago, my beautiful and creative daughter spent some time in the kitchen creating a most delicious cob loaf totally devoid of dairy products!

Yes, you read that correctly!

I know, when the words cob loaf are uttered, a dip dripping in a variety of cheeses comes to mind but this particular creation had no dairy in it whatsoever, was sensationally creamy and flavoursome and had us scooping and dipping until only the shell of the loaf of bread remained.

I shared a pic of the aforementioned cob loaf on my fb page at the time with the promise of sharing the recipe at a later date, which has stretched out to be a few months for which I apologise.

I will be spending a lot more time here on my blog page sharing recipes as well as tips and helpful suggestions on living and cooking vegan, something I know many of you will be interested in.

With the weekend in sight, I hope you find some time to create this delicious cob loaf and sit back and indulge in its exquisite 'creaminess.'

I look forward to hearing how you go!



Creamy Spinach Cob Loaf


Ingredients

1 cob loaf
1 teaspoon of olive oil
4 spring onions, chopped
1 small red onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed (or 2 teaspoons of minced garlic)
250g frozen spinach, thawed
30g packet of spring vegetable soup mix
225g tub of Tofutti Sour Supreme (dairy free sour cream which I found @ Coles)
1 cup of Praise Light Mayonnaise
Salt and pepper to taste

Method

Preheat oven to 200°C

Cut a large hole in the top of the cob loaf and remove the inside. You want to make sure there is a large well to fill with deliciousness whilst maintaining the structural integrity of the loaf. Cut the bread you have just removed into bite-sized pieces and place on a baking tray with the loaf.

Heat the oil in a frypan, add the spring onion, red onion and garlic and stir until the onion starts to brown.

Add spinach, soup mix, Sour Supreme, mayonnaise and salt and pepper. Stir well and cook for a few more minutes.

Fill the cob loaf with the dip and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes or until the bread is golden.

Serve hot and enjoy.

*recipe credit goes to likeavegan.com.au

Comments