The Glorification Of 'Busy'

If you are familiar with my postings on any of the social media platforms that I use, you will no doubt have picked up on some recurring undertones in the kinds of things I write about, the use of the present moment being one of them.

Living in the fast paced world that we do, it's not surprising that we often feel as though it's all work and no play as we 'live to work' rather than 'work to live.'  It's exhausting! Our work consumes our lives (if we allow it) and by the time we fit in the other (apparent) essentials such as housework, appointments and general domestic duties, there's little time for the things that make our souls sing.

As I look into this topic more deeply, I'm interested in your feedback as to what types of things prevent you from immersing yourself in activities that perhaps you'd always wished you had time for but continuously find a myriad of reasons why you don't/can't.

Over on the right hand side of this page, I've created a survey with a multiple choice question and a series of possible answers that I'd love you to take part in if you have a moment. Your answers are anonymous and will be tallied automatically next Tuesday when I will share the outcome with you.

I'm on a mission to slow my life down on every level and to my surprise, it's proving far more complex than I first thought. I won't give up though. I'm using this year to make the changes I need to re-claim my life and to restore the balance in my life that I so desperately crave.
You're welcome to join me.....






Comments