Conquering My Cyber Fears

Good morning Sunday, a cooler, more garden friendly day.
My hopes of spending a day in the garden yesterday were dashed by the scorching sun and temperatures in the mid 30's. Ordinarily, in my pre 'life de-cluttering' days, having to remain indoors for extended periods of time would have had me riddled with guilt and anxiety as I struggled to find value in tasks that weren't seen as physically productive or at the very least, thought of as work.

Yesterday was a lesson in slowing down and immersing myself in activities that I can never find time for during the working week, activities that I also often put off due to their (apparent) complexity.
I.T. isn't my strong point, but it's been a goal of mine this year to teach myself how to be a little more tech savvy, to be able to independently install programs on my desktop PC successfully without having a meltdown, and to then sync the said programmes between my devices. This required flicking the override switch in my brain yesterday every time it said "That's enough sitting down, it's time to do some 'work.'

Well, guess what? I won! I actually beat the 'whip cracker' and spent several hours at the computer conquering my fears. I purchased two programs, successfully installed them on the Mac, synced them without incident with my other two apple devices, added some Chrome extensions to my browser and then sat at my desk for quite some time admiring my handiwork. Just between you and I, I did, in fact, expect to get up this morning and find that the devices were no longer synced. Yeah, I know. I need to stop doubting myself.

The day also included wonderful interactions with some of my very favourite people, both online and in person, with meaning and love being poured into my life on so many levels. With all of these things combined, the day was a winner and the lessons were many, although I am going to have to be careful so as not to become addicted to this tech stuff. I think I like it.....

Comments

  1. Thank you sweetheart. Your support means the world. X

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment