Live, Love, Chocolate.

I absolutely love cooking my own meals and have become passionate about not only cooking other peoples vegan recipes, but also about creating my own from scratch as well as 'veganising' standard non-vegan recipes.
Experimenting with baked goods such as biscuits, cakes and muffins is probably the thing I love most about vegan cooking and the following recipe is a standard favourite Chocolate Cake recipe that I've only just adapted this week with great success. It's had the taste test and has received the thumbs up for texture and flavour and for the generous slathering of chocolate icing and grated white soy chocolate that I added to the top.
Give it a try and if you have any questions, give me a yell through the contact form on the right hand side of the blog home page.

Veganised Chocolate Cake

Ingredients

1 cup SR flour
2 tablespoons raw cacao powder or cocoa
3/4 cup sugar
90g softened vegan margarine
2 flax eggs (see recipe under very vegan tab)
1/2 cup almond/soy/rice milk

Beat all together until thick and creamy and bake in a loaf tin in a moderate oven for 25-30 minutes.
Leave in the tin for 5 minutes before turning onto a cooling rack.

When cool, make icing using:
1 cup icing sugar
1 tablespoon vegan margarine
enough hot water to make a thickish icing.
I then grated some white soy chocolate over the top.
*once you've made the flax eggs, I skip the refrigeration step and whisk them into the milk before adding it to the other ingredients. This ensures a lump free mix.
If you intend experimenting further with flax eggs, I highly recommend purchasing a mini whisk available from Live-In Kitchens. (for my local peeps.) These are so much easier to work with for this task than the larger varieties of whisk.

Comments